As a microfinance organization and a subsidiary of World Vision, Visionfund Cambodia has a vision for every child, life in all its fullness. We provide small loans and other financial services to empower women, unlock the potential of communities to flourish and ultimately enable children to grow up healthy.
In accordance with our vision, we have designed special products focusing on the well-being of children, including the following:
- Loan to Promote Child Rights: In collaboration with International labor Organization, as of December 2015, an estimated 8,448 children have so far been impacted by loans of US$3,852,550 given to the families of the targeted groups in Phnom Penh, its ourskirts, Kampong Cham and Siem Reap who’ve got better access to education instead of needing to work to support their families.
- Credit with Health Education: In cooperation with WVC, as of December 2015, 5,093 VisionFund clients have received basic health training session mainly covered on dengue fever, diarrhea, food demonstration, hand washing, nutrition, and general hygiene, which resulted in a better health care for children.
- Education Loan for Students: In 2015, there were 827 students who received loans to study in higher education in a bachelor and master degree program or to attend any vocational training skill program for their future profession. The total portfolio is US$ 530,477.
- Loan for Water and Sanitation Hygiene (WASH): By the end of December 2015, VisionFund provides loans to 33,396 households to buy water filter so that families' members and children can have access to clean drinking water.
- Best Client Program: In 2015, 85 children of our best clients have received annual cash scholarship worth US$100 to buy school materials while remaining funds are kept as child’s savings till completion of their high school.
- Child Scholarship: As of December 2015, we have provided scholarship to 264 children from poor families. This scholarship is to support them with school materials for three years.
- Child Savings Program: VisionFund is working collaboratively with World Vision Cambodia to encourage parents in communities to save money for their children. An initial value of 20000KH (US$5) was deposited by World Vision Cambodia into the savings accounts of more than 14,000 children. These savings accounts are designed to encourage families to continue making savings deposits over the long-term in order to enable their children to pursue their dreams.
In 2015, we reached more than 270,341 clients, which mean we have made positive impacts on more than 861,715 children.
Click here to hear children’s voices from those who benefited from our financial services.